The benefits of living more sustainably are easy to identify, and many people are making an effort to adopt an energy-efficient lifestyle. However, the reality is that many of the leading energy-efficient appliances and the sustainable initiatives that can be implemented are expensive. For some, the ability to lower energy bills and reduce energy output each month is simply out of reach.
This is why the EmPower New York program was launched. This program can help low-income families gain access to resources that can help them improve their energy-savings and lower energy bills.
What is EmPower NY?
EmPower NY is a state program that is offered to income-eligible New Yorkers. The program is designed to help low-income residents enjoy energy-savings and ultimately lower energy bills.
EmPower NY works with the most qualified companies in the state, such as HomeWorks Energy, in order to provide free home energy assessments to those who are eligible. In addition, those who are approved for the program can receive up to $8,000 in order to make home improvements that will reduce the amount of energy used in the home and ultimately lower energy bills.
Some home improvement projects that may be covered under the EmPower New York program include:
- Home Insulation & Air Sealing
- Water-saving showerhead installation
- Heating and cooling appliance replacement
These are just a few examples of the projects that may be covered under this innovative state program. Homeowners who are interested must first find out if they qualify for the program, and then they need to schedule their free home energy assessment.
There are a variety of projects that may be covered under the program. Some of those projects may include added insulation to reduce energy loss, added air sealing to increase the comfort of your home or the replacement of old HVAC equipment with new, high-efficiency appliances.
Benefits of EmPower New York
Interested residents who may be income-eligible will want to consider the many benefits of the EmPower NY program:
- It is a free program for those who are eligible.
- There are a variety of projects that may be covered under the program. Some of those projects may include added insulation to reduce energy loss, added air sealing to increase the comfort of your home or the replacement of old HVAC equipment with new, high-efficiency appliances.
- There is no future obligation associated with this program. This means that if you earn a higher income in the future, you will not be obligated to reimburse the program for any assistance that you received from the EmPower NY program.
- Pre-approved contractors perform the work, which allows you to be confident in the work that is done in your home.
- This program is available to both homeowners and those who rent.
To begin the process, find out if you are eligible and then schedule your free home energy assessment.
How Can You Find Out if You are Eligible?
Those who are interested in the EmPower New York state program will need to fill out an application to determine if they meet all of the eligibility requirements. This is an income-based program, and the income guidelines may fluctuate from year to year. You may be eligible for the Empower NY program if:
- You live in a small multi-unit home or apartment complex, such as one that has less than 100 units.
- You qualify and participate in a utility payment assistance program.
- Your income level is 60 percent below the median income in New York.
This a no-risk program that allows you to uncover where you could be saving energy and determine how to lower your energy bills. Not only may you receive financial assistance to tackle some big projects that could lower energy bills, but you also will receive tips and advice from qualified contractors that can help you reduce your energy usage on a daily basis.
Contact a Contractor that Partners with EmPower NY Today
Those who want to take advantage of the Empower New York state program will need to work with a contractor who participates in the program. HomeWorks Energy is an EmPower NY participant, and our heating and cooling experts will be able to come to your house to do a no-cost home energy assessment. We can help you navigate the application process, and we will come up with energy-savings solutions that can help you reduce your output while simultaneously lowering your energy bills.
For more information on how you can get $8,000 in incentives to make your home more comfortable & energy efficient call (914) 595-1117.